Norint Norsk A1.1 - Norwegian online language course
This Norwegian course is design for those students that have no or very little knowledge of Norwegian. The course is designed and created to follow the Curriculum of Norwegian and Social studies for adults (Lærerplan i norsk og samfunnskunnskap for voksne) laid down by VOX. This course is the first step on the way to passing the official Norwegian national language tests Norskprøve 2 (A2) and Norskprøve 3 (B1).
This course will focus on understanding the Norwegian alphabet, word structures and sentence structures as well as grasping and using day-to-day Norwegian expressions, simple statements about yourself and your daily environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to participate in routine conversations at a basic level.
As a student on this course you will be given one-year access to Ny i Norge internet resources, including the newest digital textbook, word lists and sound files.
Included in the course:
- 54 x 45 min. of private instructor based online lessons
- Access to our online platform A1 track 2 course information
- You will have access to our learning materials, games, questions, flash cards and more
- One years access to "Ny i Norge" learning materials online along with the newest digital text book, word lists and sound files
- Tests and exams used by the instructor
- This materials offer you over 100 hours of self study time
- Final written evaluation of your performance
- You will receive a Certificate of completion by mail*
- Free computer headset **If required by student
Total estimated study time for this Norwegian course is 154 hours including self study time.
Please note that all students on this level should have the following qualifications:
- You should be able to read and write in your own language
- You should come from a country that uses the Latin alphabet or you will need to be familiar with the Latin alphabet
- You need no prior skills with Norwegian to join this course
If you believe that, you may need extra help, then please look at one of our other courses or contact us to take a language test that will help find a course that would be best suited for your needs.
At this level, we have teachers available that speak: English, German, Polish, French, and Portuguese. If the student does not speak one of the above languages then please contact us for more option.
Short list of objectives for Norint Norsk A1.1 Track 2
- Learn to use the Norwegian alphabet
- Learn to recognise and pronounce the Norwegian sounds
- Understand short phrases that are linked to your family and daily life
- Understand and be able to create simple questions
- Create simple questions in an understandable way
- Be able to talk about your own life experiences in a basic way
- Understand simple day-to-day instructions
- Be able to give short and simple instructions on known topics
- Be able to hold a simple conversation about yourself, family and daily life
- Be able to read simple short texts that are create on the students current language level
- Complete and understand forms asking for personal information
- Have the ability to be able to send a simple SMS in Norwegian
On the A1 level standard course curriculum we focus mainly on personal routines, such as your family, cloths, house, and health. However we also look at the students immediate public domain such as transportation, post offices, shops, schools and so on. The standard A1 level course will only briefly touch on the work domain with the wide range of topics available there. However if the student so wishes then the instructor can focus more on this part of the language already on this level i.e. A1 work preparation course, to arrange this in a private study group, please inform your instructor during your first interview lesson of your goals and interests and they will arrange this for you.
Certificate of completion*
All participants in our courses will receive a Certificate of completion once the course has finish. However to receive a Certificate of completion you are required to participate in at least 80% of the entire course and pass exams used by the instructor.